Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9, 2010

Hello fellow Intercessors.

I talk with my youngest sister today.  I knew she has not been well, but today I think the impact of her illness finally hit me. 

She has a blood disease - or more accurately a "bone marrow failure disease".  Frankly I have never heard of this, but her marrow does not produce red blood cells.  The disease itself has a long name which I'll try to spell correctly.  "Myelodysplastic Syndrome"

So far there is no cure and only temporary fixes.  One being to get Procrit shots.  Only when she is at the point of death, will they consider a bone marrow transplant which they don't give her much hope in even living through such surgery.

After her Doctor's visit today, her blood count was 9.8 and falling each time she goes to be checked.
I told her about our prayer chain, and that I would request prayer for her. 

I'm hurting for her, and want the Lord to do a work in her body.  Nothing is too big for Him, and with the collective prayers of each of you, my sister can walk in health and spiritual wholeness. 

Please agree with me that the Lord do a miracle.  I understand miracles come through obedience.  Taking the examples of Jesus at the marriage - through obedience the best wine came forth to finish the festivities.
Then when there was no money for the Taxes to be paid, Jesus told his disciples to go fishing - they did and the fish they caught had in his mouth the amount they needed.  Oh yes, obedience goes a long way in getting what we ask of the Lord.

Thanks for praying, please tell others to help you pray.

Yours through intercession.
Doris

No comments: